Turkey Pot Pie
Prep - 10 minutes
Cook time - about 45 minutes
Cool time - 5 minutes
Adapted from a recipe found in "Magnolia Table"
Vegetable spray for pan
½ stick of butter
¼ small white onion chopped
¼ cup flour
6 cups of chicken broth
2 - 22.6 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
½ cup sour cream
32 oz. frozen vegetables
4 cups cubed turkey
Kosher salt and ground pepper
1 cup shredded cheese - cheddar
2- 8 oz tube of crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13x3 inch deep baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large dutch oven melt butter over medium-low heat and add chopped onions. Saute until tender and translucent. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring often and scraping bottom of the pot.
- Whisk in chicken broth and continue whisking til the flour is fully incorporated. Stir in the chicken soup. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Simmer for five minutes.
- Mix in sour cream and then stir in frozen vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in turkey. Season if necessary with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Unroll crescent rolls and on a clean surface press the perforations together to make a large rectangle. Set on top of the mixture in the baking dish. Continue until the entire top is covered with dough. (Roll up the excess and bake per directions.)
- Bake until the crust is nicely browned and stew is bubbling around the edges, 15-20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Serve with mashed potatoes and put stew on top.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
Makes 10-12 servings.