Add meatloaf to your meal rotation! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Add a couple extra pounds of ground beef in your next order enjoy some meatloaf for yourself!
Derived from Magnolia Table Cookbook
2 Tbl salted butter
¼- ½ cup finely chopped onion, to taste
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 sleeve (4 ounces) saltine crackers
1 ½ cups grated Cheddar cheese (~ 6 ounces)
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup tomato sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tbl ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium low heat. Add onion and sauté til translucent, around 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, cooled onion, saltine crumbs, Cheddar cheese, eggs, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Use your hand to gently mix the ingredients together until well blended. Try to keep a light touch and don’t overmix.
- Using a 9x13 inch pan or baking dish form a mixture into a roughly 6x9 inch loaf.
- Drizzle the ketchup down the center of the loaf and brush it over the top to cover.
- Bake til firm (170 degrees) about an hour. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
Store leftovers if you have them.