Freezer Breakfast Burritos
10 large eggs
¼ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Source to Table ground pork breakfast sausage
8 strips of Source to Table bacon
8 extra large burrito size flour tortillas
8 16-inch sheets of aluminum foil
Optional toppings - avocado, guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, diced tomatoes, pico
Prep the hash browns:
- In a large skillet over high heat, add hash browns. Drizzle with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, til crispy, set aside.
Prep the eggs
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Add to a greased skillet and stir occasionally over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until mostly cooked. Stir in ½ cup of cheese. Set eggs aside.
Prep the pork sausage
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over high heat, breaking up with a spoon, about 8-10 minutes until browned. Set aside.
Prep the bacon
- Place bacon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in a preheated 380 degree oven, for about 12-14 minutes or until it reaches your desired crispness. Roughly chop and set aside.
- If your tortillas aren’t soft and pliable, warm them up in your microwave oven for 10-20 seconds. Assemble burritos by portioning out the hash browns, eggs, sausage, bacon, and cheese into the center of each tortilla. Roll the burritos tightly.
- Place each burrito in the center of a piece of foil. Fold the ends of the foil over the burrito, then roll tightly. Place in a plastic bag, press out excess air and seal the bag. Freeze until ready to use.
Reheat and serve
- When ready to use, thaw. Bake burritos wrapped in the foil, in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Unwrap and garnish with any desired toppings and enjoy. If baking from frozen, bake for approximately 30-40 minutes until heated through.