Nothing goes better with summer like BBQ. Our family loves BBQ Pulled Pork and I love the ease of preparing ahead and serving a dish that makes everyone happy. My recipe is below if you don't have a favorite of your own!
- 4 pounds Pork Shoulder
- 2 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Mustard Powder
- 4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce + more sauce to taste
- 1 cup water
- Cut pork shoulder in half if you need to so it fits in your crock pot.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and rub them on the pork.
- Place pork into the crock pot and add BBQ sauce and water. I prefer to mix them together first.
- Cover with lid and cook for 8-10 hours. I like to turn my pork part way through.
- Remove from crock pot and shred the pork. If there is a small amount that won’t shred easily just place it back in the crock pot to cook a bit longer or cut with a knife.
- I usually prepare ahead of time and then warm up in the crock pot or on the stove top when ready to eat. Either add more sauce before serving or have additional sauce to let your guests add as they desire.